How orthotics from your podiatrists in North Whitby, Brantford, and Mississauga, ON, can help you
Your feet carry a heavy burden. They help you stand, walk, run, and they support your weight. What can help your feet when they hurt? It turns out, orthotics can help you get relief from a wide variety of foot and toe conditions.
The podiatrists at The Podiatry Associates provide a wide range of foot and ankle services, including custom orthotics. They have three convenient office locations in North Whitby, Brantford, and Mississauga, ON, to help you.
There is a big difference between orthotics you buy in the grocery store, and custom orthotics provided by your podiatrist. Store-bought orthotics are a generic, one-size-fits-all product. Custom orthotics are made individually, for your individual feet.
So, are orthotics right for you? The truth is orthotics can provide support, pain reduction, and relief for a wide variety of issues. Orthotics are right for you if:
- You are diabetic and suffering from painful neuropathy in your feet
- You have a medical condition like arthritis, which is affecting your feet
- You are carrying excess weight which is putting stress on your feet
- You spend a lot of time walking or standing on hard surfaces for extended periods of time
- You have fallen arches and are suffering foot pain and pressure
- You have foot and toe problems including hammertoe or bunions
When your feet hurt, the pain can travel to your legs, hips, and back. Custom-fit orthotics provide support and comfort for your feet which can help ease the pain in other areas of your body.
Your podiatrist can help you select the type of orthotic which is best for you. Types of orthotics include:
- Soft orthotics, to cushion your feet, absorb the stress of walking or standing, and aid your balance
- Semi-rigid orthotics, to aid your balance and help cushion your feet if you are a runner or active person
- Rigid orthotics, to limit the motion of your joints, provide stability, and relieve tendon strain
To find out more about custom orthotics and how they can help you and your feet, call the podiatrists at The Podiatry Associates. You can reach them in North Whitby, ON, by calling (905) 433-0200, or in Brantford, ON, at (519) 751-2900, or in Mississauga, ON, by calling (905) 568-3800, so call now.